Live streaming is a dynamic and interactive way of broadcasting live video and audio content over the Internet. It allows individuals, businesses, and organizations to share real-time experiences, events, or performances with an online audience.
So, what is live streaming in simple words? Well, think of it as broadcasting your live TV show on the Internet! It's like having a virtual stage where you can share your thoughts, talents, and experiences with an audience that can watch and interact with you as it happens.
To start live streaming, you only need a computer, smartphone, dedicated streaming device, and a stable internet connection. Popular platforms like Twitch, YouTube Live, and Facebook Live provide the infrastructure for content creators to stream their videos and connect with viewers in real time.
Livestreaming is widely used across various domains. Gamers often livestream their gameplay sessions, allowing viewers to watch and interact with them as they play. Gamblers use it to show the process of playing games like poker and slots.
One of the key features of live streaming is its interactivity. Viewers can participate by leaving comments, asking questions, or reacting to streaming content. This creates a sense of community and connection between the streamer and their audience.
Live Streaming + Casino: It's a Perfect Match for Marketing Success
Livestream marketing holds incredible power for casinos, enabling them to expand their reach, foster customer relationships, and drive leads and sales.
When the pandemic hit, people confined to their homes turned to the Internet for entertainment. As a result, the number of hours spent watching live streaming after that climbed significantly between 2019 and 2020, jumping by 82% and by 21% between 2020 and 2021.
Amidst the COVID-19 pandemic, there were noticeable changes in the live streaming of gambling activities. Around 224 million hours of slots and poker were viewed overall in 2020. This amount rose to 352 million hours viewed in 2021, a 57% increase.
Even though consumers have begun to return to their pre-pandemic behaviors, that number will keep rising until 2022. Twitch users watched 244 million hours of online gambling streams in the first two quarters of 2022, which is more than they did in the entire year of 2020.
With 113 million hours seen in Q2 of this year, slots ranked as the 14th most popular streaming genre across all live streaming platforms. With 14.7 million hours of viewing, poker ranked #65.
It is a fast-growing trend: the global live-streaming market is valued at USD 1219.19 Million (1,21919 Billion) in 2022. It is projected to attain USD 6555.32 Million (6,55532 Billion) by 2030 at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 23.40% during the forecast period, 2022–2028.
There are a Few Ways How Livestreaming Can Be Used to Promote Casinos
- Live gameplay: Casinos can live stream live gameplay of their games, such as slots, table games, and live dealer games. This allows potential customers to see the games in action and learn more about how they work.
- Interviews with experts: Casinos can broadcast live interviews with professionals in the gambling business, such as casino dealers, gambling advisors, and professional gamblers. This allows potential consumers to discover more about the casino sector and receive gambling-related guidance.
- Giveaways and contests: Marketers can stream live contests and giveaways where contestants can win free spins, bonuses, and other prizes. This is a fantastic approach to attracting new clients and creating buzz about the casino brand.
- Behind-the-scenes looks: You can live stream exclusive behind-the-scenes glimpses of their operations, including the gaming floor, restaurants, and hotel facilities. This provides potential customers with a firsthand experience of the casino's atmosphere and what it's like to be a guest.
Livestreaming is a unique marketing tool that can promote casinos in various ways. The iGaming businesses can reach a wider audience by live streaming engaging and informative content, building relationships with potential customers, and generating excitement around their brand.
With the increasing popularity of online gambling, certain gambling companies like Stake and PokerStars have expanded their presence on Twitch. Stake has forged partnerships with prominent streamers like xQc, AdinRoss, and TrainwrecksTv to promote gambling content to a broader audience. PokerStars frequently organizes online gambling tournaments hosted and commented on by various streamers.
The Benefits of Livestreaming for Casino Promotion
Reach a Wider Audience
According to a study by ABI Research, it's projected that 91 million people will be using live streaming by 2024. That's a massive audience potential! With the widespread availability of the Internet and technological advancements, people can access online content anytime, anywhere. Your online event may be live-streamed to as many people as you like, increasing the reach of your material to your target market and potential clients.
Forge Personal Connections
Video content is incredibly engaging. A new report from Wyzowl states that in 2023 people are watching, on average, 17 hours of online video per week.
As The Social Shepherd report claimed, people worldwide spend approximately 84 minutes watching videos every day. Interestingly, China and Sweden lead in video consumption, with people in these countries watching around 103 minutes of videos daily.
This presents an excellent opportunity for businesses to share relatable and relevant stories through live broadcasts with engaging video content. By leveraging live streaming, you can connect with your audience personally, fostering stronger relationships with your consumers.
Live video marketing is incredibly cost-effective compared to producing and editing traditional video content. In fact, it's often free! By reducing marketing costs, you can allocate resources to other vital activities that promote and grow your products. The live streaming market is set to reach $184.3 billion by 2027, making it a wise investment for businesses, based on the Global Video Streaming Market report.
Gather Valuable Feedback
Popular live-stream topics often include news coverage, contests, and conferences, generating immediate feedback from the audience. Utilizing chat boxes and emoji reactions, you can encourage your viewers to actively participate in discussions during the virtual event. You may use these comments to improve your content and better serve your audience.
Convenience for All
Live stream marketing benefits both the business and the audience. It's a cost-effective way for businesses to reach a global audience without geographical barriers. For viewers, it offers convenience as they can participate from anywhere, even with physical limitations. Virtual events through live broadcasts provide comfort and accessibility for all stakeholders.
Time-Saving and Easy to Use
Creating blog posts or articles can be time-consuming. A 500-word blog post may take around two hours, while a 1,500–2,000-word piece would take between four and eight hours. On the other hand, vlogs require significant effort in production and editing, and live streaming is much simpler and faster. With the right tools and equipment, you can quickly produce live-stream marketing content within minutes, saving you valuable time and effort.
Live streaming for casino promotion is a relatively new phenomenon, and several regulatory problems have yet to be fully resolved. Some of the most common issues include:
- Compliance with gambling laws. In many jurisdictions, strict rules govern gambling, and live streaming can blur the lines between legal and illegal gambling. For example, the Federal Wire Act prohibits transmitting gambling information across state lines in the United States. This means that casinos that live stream their games to players in other states could be violating the law.
- Protection of minors. Live streaming can make it easier for minors to access gambling content, a significant concern for regulators. In some jurisdictions, some laws expressly prohibit gambling promotion to minors.
- Prevention of fraud. Live streaming can make it easier for criminals to commit fraud by using fake accounts to win money or hacking into casino systems. Regulators need to ensure adequate measures are in place to prevent this type of fraud.
In addition to the abovementioned problems, several ethical concerns about live streaming for casino promotion have been raised. For example, some argue that live streaming can be addictive and lead to problem gambling. Others argue that live streaming can be exploitative, as it can target vulnerable people who are more likely to gamble irresponsibly.
The Most Popular Streamers in Casino Industry
Based on the views, Stream Hatchet has named five popular streamers.
The giant slots streamer on Twitch is Trainwreckstv, with 21.7 million hours viewed in Q2 2022. He frequently plays online slots in cooperation broadcasts with Stake. With 51.5k peak viewers in 2022, his peak audience isn't among the highest, but his lengthy, reliable streams continue to amuse and entice followers to return.
Since 2016, Swedish slots streamer Roshtein has been involved in the online gaming industry. He had the second-highest number, with little under 20 million hours viewed in the previous quarter.
Although xQc's slots feeds had the most significant peak concurrent viewers at 120k, he didn't have the highest hours viewed throughout the last quarter. With over 11 million followers, xQc is one of the most popular Twitch broadcasters and can draw sizable crowds to any of his streams. With 115 broadcast hours, the Slots category was his second-longest streaming genre in Q2.
In Q2, DeuceAce and AdinRoss' respective slots received 3.2 and 2.9 million hours of viewing time.
What It Would Be Without a Scandal…
Even if live streaming seems innocuous, there is still a place for scandals.
In 2018 and 2019, the poker world was rocked by a major security scandal at the Stones Gambling Hall. The center of the controversy was Mike Postle, a remarkable player who consistently won games, leaving players and commentators baffled by his incredible plays.
The games at Stones Gambling Hall were streamed live on platforms like YouTube, featuring cards with RFID chips that revealed players' whole cards to the audience. While the hall hosted various players with mixed results, Postle appeared to be the only one constantly winning, arousing suspicion.
Initially, some believed it was just a fortunate streak, while others thought he was an extraordinary talent. However, as time passed, the situation became more suspicious. Veronica Brill, who provided commentary for the live stream and participated in some games, publicly accused Mike Postle of cheating by gaining access to the RFID data, which allowed him to know others' hole cards.
This led to a massive controversy in the poker community. Still, despite the allegations, no concrete evidence of cheating was found, and the case went to court but ultimately resulted in dismissed charges. Postle's unusual behavior at the tables, such as frequently looking down at his phone during hands, raised further doubts.
Postle then filed a defamation lawsuit against anyone who commented negatively about him, including players involved in the original case, seeking substantial damages. These lawsuits were, however, rejected as frivolous. After that, Todd Witteles and another participant, Veronica Brill, filed a countersuit and asked for compensation for their legal costs.
With mounting debt, including potential legal fees, Postle faced financial ruin and imminent bankruptcy. In December 2021, a "confidential settlement" was reached, finally ending the prolonged legal saga.
Tips for Businesses That Want to Use Streaming for Marketing
- Choose the Right Platform: Identify the most suitable streaming platform for your target audience. Twitch is a hot choice for gaming-related content, while platforms like YouTube and Facebook Live can also effectively reach a broader audience.
- Content Variety: Offer a diverse range of content to keep viewers interested. Besides live casino games, consider incorporating tutorials, behind-the-scenes glimpses, interviews with players or experts, and special events to create a well-rounded streaming schedule.
- Engaging Hosts: Select charismatic and knowledgeable hosts who can connect with the audience. Whether they are casino staff, professional players, or influencers, engaging hosts can enjoy the streaming experience and build rapport with viewers.
- Collaborate with Influencers: Partner with relevant influencers or popular streamers to expand your reach and tap into your existing audience.
- Interactivity: Interaction with the audience is crucial for streaming success. Encourage viewers to ask questions, participate in polls, and chat with hosts during the stream. Respond to comments and acknowledge the viewers to create a sense of community.
- High-Quality Production: Invest in quality equipment and production values to ensure a professional and visually appealing stream. Good audio, precise visuals, and smooth gameplay contribute to a positive viewing experience.
- Responsible Gambling Messaging: While streaming is a marketing tool, promoting responsible gambling is essential. Include responsible gambling messages and resources during the stream to encourage viewers to gamble responsibly.
- Promotions and Giveaways: Utilize streaming to run exclusive promotions, special offers, and giveaways. This can incentivize viewers to participate and boost engagement.
- Analytics and Feedback: Analyze your statistics to see which material appeals most to your readers. Encourage audience input as well to gain knowledge and enhance your streaming technique.
- Cross-Promote: Use your other marketing avenues to help spread the word about your streams. Use social media, email newsletters, and website banners to publicize forthcoming broadcasts and get more viewers.
- Stay Consistent: Establish a regular streaming schedule to build anticipation among viewers. Consistency can help in retaining and growing your audience over time.
- Monitor Legal and Regulatory Compliance: Make sure your streaming material complies with all applicable legal and regulatory regulations, mainly when advertising gaming services.
In a nutshell, live streaming has become a fantastic way for casinos to promote themselves and connect with more people. It's like having your live TV show on the Internet! Livestreaming allows casinos to reach a wider audience and build personal connections with potential customers.
During the pandemic, live streaming got super popular, and it's only getting bigger! Casinos can use it to show off their games, share expert advice, and even run giveaways. And guess what? Teaming up with famous streamers and influencers can boost their reach and engagement!
Of course, there are some rules to follow, especially regarding gambling laws and keeping things safe for everyone, especially minors. But with responsible gambling messaging, live streams can be an enjoyable experience for everyone involved.
To make the most of live streaming, casinos should focus on creating top-notch content, having friendly hosts, and making it interactive to get the audience involved. Plus, keeping an eye on analytics and feedback helps them improve and create content that your viewers love.
All in all, live streaming is an incredible tool for casino promotion as long as it's used smartly and carefully. As the trend keeps growing, casinos can tap into it to build stronger connections with their audience and shine in the online gambling world!
Source: Read Full Article